Micasense RedEdge MX NDVI Camera
The rugged, built-to-last, professional multispectral sensor for agricultural drone mapping. The Micasense RedEdge MX is now ready to integrate with DJI SkyPort enabled drones for $11,100.
- Five narrow band multispectral sensors.
- Capture plant health images and RGB (color) images in one flight.
- High image resolution; 8 cm/pixel at 400 ft (120 m).
- Single SD card stores all images with geotags.
- DLS 2 with embedded GPS for easier integration, enhanced light calibration
The new Micasense RedEdge MX captures not just the spectral bands required for basic crop health indexes, but also those that generate analytics that are anything but basic. With its low weight, low power requirement, and multiple integration options, the RedEdge MX is one of the most flexible solutions on the market — now in a smaller size and at a lower cost.
The Micasense RedEdge MX is a reliable, accurate, high-precision sensor.
Flight time is important. With the Micasense RedEdge-MX, you can fly a 160-acre field (at 400 ft AGL, 70% overlap) in 27 minutes! Choose between various data processing platforms to analyse the raw data collected by the Micasense RedEdge-MX.
The MicaSense RedEdge MX is an advanced, lightweight, multispectral camera optimized for use in small unmanned aircraft systems, and available for use on manned aircraft as well. RedEdge™ provides accurate multi-band data for agricultural remote sensing applications.
- Simultaneously capture of five discrete spectral bands optimized for crop health data gathering.
- Fly fast – we can keep up! All bands are captures once per second enables faster flight speeds and lower altitude captures.
- Distortion-free – global shutter design creates distortion-free images on every platform.
- Single card – tired of juggling multiple cards? With RedEdge™, one SD card stores all images and data for easy data transfer.
- Metadata included – all image files are time-stamped and geo-tagged, no third party tools or autopilot logs required.
- Fully calibrated – leave your integrating sphere at home, we have you covered. Every camera comes fully calibrated for precise, repeatable measurements every time.
- Stand-alone – with external GPS connections and self-triggering capability, easily collect geo-tagged data without any connections to the host vehicle.
- Data at your fingertips – With Wi-Fi built in, preview images and change settings from your phone, tablet, and computer.
- Fully integrated – our convenient ethernet, serial, and Wi-Fi host interfaces allow tight integration with any platform.
- No moving parts – solid-state design means nothing to break on those dusty days or the occasional harsh landing.
|Weight:||173 grams (6.1 oz)
(includes DLS and cables)
|Dimensions:||9.4 cm x 6.3 cm x 4.6 cm
(3.7 in x 2.5 in x 1.8 in)
|External Power:||4.2 V DC – 15.6 V DC
4 W nominal, 8 W peak
|Spectral Bands:||Blue, green, red, red edge, near-IR
(global shutter, narrowband)
|RGB Color Output:||Global shutter, aligned with all bands|
|Ground Sample Distance (GSD):||8 cm per pixel (per band) at 120 m (~400 ft) AGL|
|Capture Rate:||1 capture per second (all bands), 12-bit RAW|
|Interfaces:||Serial, 10/100/1000 ethernet, removeable Wi-Fi, external trigger, GPS, SDHC|
|Field of View:||47.2° HFOV|
|Custom Bands:||400nm – 900nm (QE of 10% at 900nm)|
|Triggering Options:||Timer mode, overlap mode, external trigger mode (PWM, GPIO, serial, and Ethernet options), manual capture mode|
DJI Inspire 1 capture the unforgettable.
All of the core technologies of the DJI Inspire 1 have been engineered into the Zenmuse X3 gimbal. This keeps the 4K camera steady in the sky and ensuring stable, professional footage every time. The 3-axis gimbal constantly draws on data fed by the intelligent flight controller so it knows the aircraft’s flight parameters. Angular velocity, momentum, inertial force and even GPS data allows the gimbal to apply countering power and force keeping the camera perfectly level.
The DJI Inspire 1 Camera shoots 4K video at up to 30p and HD video frame rates up to 60p. It features a 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor with a 94-degree field of view (FOV) lens. This field of view works out to about 20mm in 35mm equivalent, which gives you a wide but not extremely wide or fisheye framing – while not as immersive as a fisheye, this FOV features less distortion and gives the subject more emphasis
Carbon fibre arms give lightweight strength to manoeuvre in the air and move out of the camera’s way at the flick of a switch. With a full 360⁰ unobstructed view, the Inspire1 is able to capture shots independent of the flight direction.
The all new 13 inch quick release carbon fibre rotors are built with the unique DJI “Z-Blade” design.
DJI Inspire 1 V2
Brushless motors pioneered by DJI are now the standard in the multirotor quadcopter industry. In addition, the Inspire 1 takes the next step in brushless development by integrating curved magnets that fit flush around the edge of each motor. Although much more difficult to produce, these magnets eliminate airflow gaps within the motor, greatly increasing efficiency.
A fully integrated intelligent battery powers the Inspire 1 and virtually manages itself. The remaining battery power is visible during flight. The system will calculate the time the aircraft needs to return home and will let indicate when it’s time to fly back. The battery reports the voltage of each cell, the total lifetime charges and discharges, and the overall health and battery status. All this helps keep the Inspire 1 in the air and flying for years to come.
The main controller is the brain of the entire system and receives thousands of bits of data every second. Function of the main controller is to translate that data into action during flight. The main controller tells every part of the Inspire 1 what to do. It also calculates environmental conditions in real-time. Ensuring the aircraft responds to commands instantly.